There are 7 main points to a properly optimized review. They include the URL, heading, article length, keyword/phrase, original images and image titles. Published reviews should be as much for the benefit of the publisher as for the manufacturer. These SEO Guidelines for Product Reviews are intended to benefit both.
In order to accomplish the following optimization it is important that only one product is reviewed in one post. Meaning review lists, groupings or comparison posts are not within the guidelines.
Guidelines For Product Reviews:
1) The full name of the company and product should be in the URL
2) The heading of the article should include the full name of the company and product
3) The text of the review should be no less than 300 words and no more than 800 words
4) The full name of the product should appear in the first paragraph of the article
5) At least two, and preferably three or more, Original Images (meaning images that you the reviewer take with your camera, not images from the manufacturer’s website or internet) of a Product should appear in the article
6) The images should be titled with the name of the product and a 2 to 5 word phrase describing action or location of the image.
7) (Optional) Custom meta description that you think best describes what the article is about
If you are using WordPress I would recommend WordPress SEO plugin by Yoast. The dashboard gives you red, yellow and green indicator lights for each SEO point. If you are all green then you are good to go.
Don’t forget to link to older relevant articles from your review, as well as in the future being sure to back link to your review from future articles and posts. Creating good internal linking is important.